If you have travelled through a Mumbai local train I would be surprised if you have not seen the ad “Make 30,000 online per month, sitting at home, no investment” if you read between the lines it’s honest about one thing. You can definitely make good money online, sitting at home but the investment required is your time, effort, patience and persistence. Entrepreneurship is a rage today, everyone wants to build the next big thing, the next billion dollar idea (Zuck, no we were not referring to you this time), but I remember when I was growing up and during college years all we as students cared about is how do we get more money for the next date, or the next weekend trip to Lonavla. No more blabbering, straight to the point, yes you can make a million rupees that too during college online.
- Blog, come on, what were you expecting? I will tell you about some hidden treasure. Almost everyone has heard that you can make money off blogging but what are the key things to remember. Start a blog today, write at least 2-3 posts about a niche topic every week. Become an expert in it, remember you are not going to make any money for the next 6 months through blogging or maybe an year. Make a Facebook page to support the blog and Twitter, connect with other experts, ask them guest post on your blog. Read how this guy made a million dollars through a wordpress blog. Also writing practices your idea muscle, like I make a point to write something every week, here is this week’s work, what you are reading. There are few hacks too, a friend of mine bought top10fastest.com, and got to rank 2 when people were search for top 10 fastest cars, what next? 400$ in month two months of starting the blog and spending less than 2 hours on it. Head to blogger.com (for beginners I prefer this over WordPress and the Adsense account gets approved faster).
- Youtube, if you were to tell me that you skip the pre roll ad on Youtube 100% of times I would beg to differ, come on sometimes we do watch the ad, when Katrina Kaif wants to teach us Aamsutra or the next trailer of the Salman Khan movie, and every time you watch that for more than thirty seconds the video channel owner makes money. Usually for every 1000 views you will end up making around 5$ if most of your views are from India. Here also figure out a niche, have an idea? execute. upload. take feedback then repeat. So we will be expecting more of “The Viral Fevers” and “Khan Academies” in India now. Patience and Persistence. And remember no money for first 12 months, but ship a video every 15 days.
- iWriter.com, if you are not the one with Delayed Gratification and want to see hard cash instantly, head to iwriter.com right now, make sure you have a paypal account before you do that. Now iWriter is as easy as writing content for other people, or to be more precise other people’s blog, because all they want is more and more content on some keywords depending on their business. For starters you will get paid around 3$ for an article, as your progress and increase your ratings it increases to 15%. A friend of mine makes 30-40k per month through the the same. You know what’s another good idea, make a blog and use iwriter.com to generate content for that.
- Fiverr.com, are you that inspirational person who is always the one to give advice to your friends during hard times or breakups? Do you know you can actually make a lot of money doing that for a lot of people. She is definitely making http://www.fiverr.com/nogalicious/give-you-instant-relief-from-sadness-or-stress , convert your idiosyncrncies to money, be it your bathroom singing, or your being a grammar nazi, do that for other people and get paid every time.
- Self Publishing, forget million rupees, hit it right and you can make a million dollars through self publishing. If you are not the one with delayed gratification, forget about this. This requires most patience and persistence, your first book will never get you even more than 10,000 bucks that you publish on Amazon unless you have already published a hard copy. You have to keep writing, and build you brand. How to start? Take a set of your blog posts, write more on them and convert them into a collection of stories, then figure out the whole process of how the Kindle program works, market yourself, think of more ideas and repeat.
- Airbnb, few months back I got chatting with Nalin Jha, how did I meet him? I had rented out his apartment for a day which he had put on Airbnb, it was a normal 1BHK in Hauz Khas, what would probably go for 30k per month. Guess how much was he making out of it? Over 1.2 Lakh a month. How? Airbnb. Have an extra apartment or even a room in your house? List it on Airbnb, it’s like renting out your space to travellers, for them it’s cheaper than a hotel, for you it’s more money than the normal rent. Your roommate is going to home next week for ten days? Time to make some hard cash Figure out the technicalities though, if you are a tenant you might have to talk to the owner first. Btw Nalin’s place in Delhi is awesome.